Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 20, 2020

Christmas Cactus truths and myths

That is not the year my Christmas cactus is going to bloom.  I got a small twig two years ago and now it is grown but not bloomed yet.There are two new small branches and I was so happy for that! 

True or False?

1. The Christmas cactus needs some  weeks of darkness for blooms to appear. After that move it to a sunny and bright area again.

2.  Watering the Christmas cactus with coffee and providing with adequate daylight  will help to ensure with holiday blooms.

3. Christmas cactus likes sunlight.

4. The best time to prune a Christmas cactus is right after it has bloomed

5. The leaves turn yellow due to improper watering.

4. Repot it after blooming.

5. It's easy to grow it from a cutting.







Two new branches!




Good Vibes to cheer us up!












4 comments:

  1. Loved the Tibetan proverb. I struggled to know the answers about the Christmas cactus it is not something that I have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very true!I think I'm going to see the flowers next year.

      Cheers, Sandra xXx

      Delete
  2. When this type of succulent produces flowers it's a delight. I have several that have been grown from cuttings. That way they flower at different times. The older ones are big and I have one in a hanging basket in the conservatory and others are indoors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! I like the idea of cutting at different times. I think mine is going to bloom next year. I cannot wait!

      Cheers, Sandra xXx

      Delete